We all know how important our bathing time or makeup is to us. Memory foam bath mats are the best thing to add to the bathroom and like any other mat when using it, they also get dirty if you want to know how to wash the memory foam bath mat follow us on Freecoursesite.
If you are looking for a bath mat that will relieve the pain of your joints, then memory foam is your best option. This is actually a very common question. Advise hand washing or machine washing in water.
Memory foam bathroom mats Chlorine or bleach should be strictly avoided when washing and memory foam mats should be placed outside for drying in the warm sun when it is about to dry. You are reading this article because you are wondering how to wash memory foam bathroom mat also visit here Freecoursesite.
Whatever you need how to wash memory foam bathroom mat
To clean memory foam mats you will need some things which are mostly already available in any home or in the cleaning department of hospitality business (spa, hotel, etc.). Below is his list.
1. Washing machine
2- mild laundry detergent
3- Water (cold)
6- Baking soda
7- Rubber gloves
8- Scrub brush
9- Large plastic bucket
Here are some simple ways how to wash memory foam bathroom mat
Memory foam bath mats are used not only for foot comfort but also for your bathroom style. However, after frequent use, the mat may become dirty and it needs to be washed regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
There are two ways you can clean a memory foam mat
A). Using a washing machine
If you decide to machine wash your foam mats, you must first check to see if the manufacturer allows you to machine wash your bath mat because machine washing memory requires a lot of care when cleaning foam. When the foam gets wet like a sponge, it becomes waterlogged, which can damage it.
If the manufacturer specifies that it is machine washable, follow these steps:
1. First take out the bath mat and shake it off to remove loose dirt then use a broom to brush. Shaking helps prevent your machine from getting stuck and marking spots.
- Take your mat and put it in the washing machine on a fine bicycle.
- Add a mild liquid detergent or mix 1 part mild liquid detergent and vinegar with half a cup of water.
- Fill the washing machine with cold water. Avoid warm or hot water, which can cause serious damage to memory foam because memory foam is a synthetic material. Also, bleach and cleaning solvents should be avoided.
- Once the bath mat is clean follow the manufacturer’s drying instructions. The best way is to spread the mat to dry in the sun. Drying the machine can destroy the foam backing.
B). Wash by hand
Some manufacturers mention that their memory foam bath mats need to be hand-washed thoroughly. If you want to make it last longer, the most suitable way to clean a foam mat is to clean it by hand, here are the steps to follow;
1. First fill the tub or basin with half the cold water then add the detergent of your choice to make sure the detergent is right for the memory foam mat. So as not to damage your memory foam mats.
2. Wear gloves to protect your hands while stirring the mixture, then dip the mat in soapy water.
3. Start cleaning your mat by scrubbing with a soft brush or sponge but be aware that you can damage it if you rub it too hard. Make sure you have thoroughly cleaned all aspects.
4. When the scrubbing is complete, wash the foam mat with cold water until the soap is completely washed off. Then lie flat on the outside to dry in the open air. Alternatively, if you do not want to soak the bath mat in water, gently scrub with a soft sponge with soapy water.
Can I put in a memory foam dryer?
If your dryer has a heating layer, you can dry a memory foam mat in the dryer. You need to make sure that no heat is applied to the material and that the cycle is gentle enough that the foam does not break,
Can I use it to wash bathroom mats?
Wash your bathroom mats in a cold environment with a mild detergent. Hang mats outside or for drying in the lowest setting. Never use heat when drying plastic or rubber bath mats, as it may crack or even melt the surface.
Proper care of your bath matte bathroom environment helps to preserve and protect your health and hygiene as a whole.
The above cleaning steps and methods will help you to clean your bath mat thoroughly, clean all the dirt and mold, and make it as good and clean as new.